Saturday 19 February 2011

Saturday Sneak Peeks

I've been busy with my February Counterfeit Kit again.  Unfortunately, I can only share one of the three projects I've produced.  One project is a page for a Chinese Whisper challenge over on UKScrappers (I received a page by e-mail, I scraplifted it and passed it on to the next person in the chain) so has to be kept secret until the chain of scraplifting is complete.  The two frame stamps in the kit have been put to good use on this page.


One project is a page for Sarah's Cards Blog (I won a prize there in January and part of the payback is producing a page for the March challenge).  For some reason, despite having constructed a generous kit, I cannot get out of the habit of gutting everything.  I shall have a pizza box full of off-cuts at this rate.  For both of these pages I've used Sizzlit dies for my titles - does anyone ever have enough title alphas in a kit?


The one thing I can reveal is my January spread for this year's Project 12 album: more gutting in evidence plus the use of the reverse of the manufacturer's strip.  Parsimonious?  Moi?  I've added some inks, bare chipboard alphas/numbers from my stash and used a fancy trimmer blade; everything else is from the kit.


I decided not to follow the provided Pagemaps sketches this year and try out A4 pages for a change. I'm planning for each month to have a similar collage page and journalling page, depending on what we do. 


So that brings my tally of pages from this wonderful kit to 6 pages and there are still loads of papers and embellishments left (not to mention all the offcuts from the gutting!).  My next project is a sketch challenge from the CKCB itself here.  Watch this space!

10 comments:

Sian said...

There is something really neat about that A4 size - it looks fab!

I'm glad you enjoyed my links today. I'm a big slow cooker fan too: maybe ther is a "five" in there too..

Sabr said...

Your sneaks are gorgeous! Love your stamping in the first!

Mary B said...

I love the sneak peep Jemma and again your January page is superb

Counterfeit Kit Challenge said...

Round of applause from me!

Bethany
Counterfeit Kit challenge

Margie said...

Love how you're getting so much done! And the sneaks look great!

Judy said...

Everything looks great and I too am doing the monthly review pages. Looking forward to seeing more!

Counterfeit Kit Challenge said...

Thanks for showing us how you did your title. I'm glad you are getitng so much done using your counterfeit kit!
*meridy*

alexa said...

Lovely looking kit, and I like the way you use the reverse of the manufacturer's strip - I've been know to use the one at the bottom of the Crate papers! Great to see your monthly LO - I'm a fan of collage and a big page of journalling!

Davinie Fiero said...

Welcome to Project 12 in 2011! I really like your interpretation of the challenge and how you chose to do your title. Fun!

humel said...

They all look great - good to see one in its entirety, but the sneaks are most intriguing! And don't all crafters keep everything and make their supplies go a long way?!