Thursday 6 September 2012

CHAnging The Kit For September


Welcome to the September Blog Hop from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Master Forgers.  Hopefully you popped over from Crystal, but if not, the hop started here, where there's a full list of participants so that you don't miss anyone's take on this month's kit-to-copy  from Birds Of A Feather.

As ever, I have NONE of the original kit, so I started by seeing what I had that echoed something from the kit-to-copy and found a paper that had a similar overlapping circles patchwork pattern and some green ledger lined paper too.  The spotty papers came next and then it was a question of matching the shades with other papers, cardstock and embellishments.  I have several 6x6 pads that need using, so I grabbed some sheets from them for extra colour as well a neutral journalling spots.

Counterfeit Kit - September 2012 - Jimjams

My supply list:
American Crafts Kraft, Bazzill brown, Coredinations Kraft-Core Teal cardstocks
Her Own Wings Creativity by Dream Street Papers
Sly Fox from Piggy Tales' Gingerbread Man Collection(peppermint green on the reverse)
MME's Decked Out Dots (peppermint green/teal on reverse)
Dream Street Papers Clubhouse Dungarees (the green ledger & circle is the reverse of  a denim effect pattern)
4 sheets from MME's Lime Twist Fly A Kite 6x6 pad
2 sheets from Simply Stories Documented 6x6 pad
Jillibean Soup Kraft journalling sprouts
Various buttons from my stash
Green & white twine, Grey & white twine and Papermania chevron washi tape
MLS Mini Alphabet Stickers in Mint
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type alphas
American Crafts Text Thickers in ash

We were also asked to counterfeit some of our favourite items from the Summer 2012 CHA to add into the kit:

Kit detail - Summer 2012 CHA forgeries by Jimjams
My tutorials here, here and here
How about some forged flag tags in honour of those brought out by Jenni Bowlin Studio or some felt flowers in the style of Prima's Lyrique blooms or some of those ubiquitous sewn banners made from one of my patterned papers, or some Studio Calico fancy paperclips (though I think that they may have been from the previous CHA :oD ... I never was exactly abreast of the latest trends).

The next Master Forger to share her take on the monthly kit (and counterfeit some CHA goodies) is Julie-Ann so please hop over there to see what she's been up to this month.

23 comments:

Mary B said...

Super kit Jemma and I love those flowers look forward to the tutorial

Anonymous said...

I love the embellies that you've counterfeited here - they look great and make me want to have a go at them :)

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

Very nice kit... great work! jenx

Sian said...

I love all the Kraftiness about this one - it's a got a good, honest brown paper bag kind of feel to it!

happysnapper said...

wowser JJ i love this kit, especially the counterfeited embellies i will have a go at this one this month too, cant wait to see what you make and how you made what you already did!

Sassy Breese said...

Lovely kit. Looking forward to how=tos on tags and clips.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Your kit looks wonderful - makes me forget the original & want to dive into yours! Like the faux kraft banners - will def try those :~)

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Awesome! I have some of the Documented in 12x12 and was trying to figure out how to work it into my kit. Maybe I'll have to just throw it in :). Great counterfeits - I need to try some paperclips, too.

Margie said...

Gorgeous kit!! I love the warm colors, and the handmade embellies are fantastic!!

Clair said...

Oh my! Such a lovely kit and so very different to mine. Just one more thing to love about CKC! Almost chose those Jenni Bowlin pennants too - they are pretty cool, so will be interested to see how you use them x

humel said...

Looks fab - love me some kraft :)

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

I'm loving all the krafty goodness of your kit!

Lisa said...

I love how we all take the kits in different ways. This kit is just lovely and your embellies are gorgeous. The banner particularly appeals.

Sue Althouse said...

Lovely kit, has a nice fall look to it! Love the kraft journaling spots.

MiliPea Designs said...

I love those flowers and notecards! Such a fabulous kit. Love the colors.

Tara O said...

I love the colors you chose....I wish it were cool enough here for me to really FEEL the fall in the air because your kit reminded me of hot chocolate and pumpkins and candy corn. GREAT KIT!!

PS...I don't think I have anything EXACTLY like the kit we are to counterfeit either. I had the overlapping circles paper from October Afternoon that is so similar that I did a double-take when I saw the manufacturer. ;)

sassyscrapper said...

Love the amount of kraft that is in your kit. It goes so well with the green. Those little cards are FAB. Esp. the one "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all". Fantastic take on the original.

glorygirl said...

Great kit!! Love all the kraft and black/white combos in your selection. Looking forward to seeing your creations!

Missus Wookie said...

Gorgeous kit.

Made a friend laugh once when we met at Ally Pally show and on my 'to buy' list was "green ledger paper, green spotty paper, kraft ledger paper, kraft patterned..." Glad to see another fan ;)

Angela Toucan said...

beautiful kit

Susanne said...

What a krafty crafty kit! It makes me want to play too!

Tricia said...

I love the colors you choose for your kit and after seeing your cute paper clips I'm wishing I'd tried to counterfeit those!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Your kit really rocks!!! I love love love all of the kraft! YUM!!!! xoxo