Tuesday 22 April 2014

Sea Monsters

No.1 Son returned home from a 2007 school trip to New Zealand having spent the last of his spending money getting a final souvenir.  I scrapped this page straight away thinking that perhaps it would be a short-term fad (like the use of fibres in scrapping)!

Jimjams - Layout - Dreads

His style has evolved as his hair has grown - the dreads were far from a 10 minute wonder - and  I can no longer imagine him going back to "normal".  The downside has been that he's reluctant to swim as it now takes forever to dry out again.  Therefore it was especially important for me to scrap these underwater shots from his recent holiday in Thailand. 

Jimjams - Layout - Sea Monsters

Jimjams - layout detail - scissor distressed edges
Supplies for the modern page are all from my April Counterfeit Kit; I struggled to get enough 'e's from the already part-used stickers and had to adapt with a couple of inverted '3's - I really wish that sticker manufacturers would take account of the frequency of letters when producing alphabets.  'E', 's' and 't' would feature a lot more prominently if I were in charge!

Chevrons seem to be everywhere at the moment.  I wonder what scrapping trend will be popular in another seven years time.  Any thoughts?  It might even be fibres!

18 comments:

kjjc said...

Dread saying it but I love that first photo!

happysnapper said...

Let's hope fibres are back in soon, i have a box full. Humm thinks challenge... I love the font on the second lo title. Perfect.

Virginia said...

Oh those are fab layouts, I can imagine that your sons hair does take an age to dry out, but glad he got to enjoy the sea!

Lesley G said...

I'm with you on the extra letters although we are very versatile in making the much needed letters from those we rarely need! Great layouts and great dreads!
I'm using up my vellum while it's in "fashion" this time round :)

scrappyjacky said...

I think it's great that scrapbooking [like most other things] shows the trends of the time. I'm wishing I could find ways to use up all those old fibres though....perhaps they could be knitted?
Both pages are great layouts.

furrypig said...

I agree about the letters I seem to run out of 'T's on a regular basis! I think there is research and evidence to support the frequency of use of certain letters used in the English language and the manufacturers should be aware of that! LOL!!!

Sian said...

He has the same lovely smile :) and of course you now have me thinking about how I should record the beard of the moment round here..

A pack of fibres was one of the first things I ever bought - to match the colours in a dress, which I scrapbooked using about two pieces from the packet. The rest is still waiting for inspiration to strike again

Lisa said...

I have a bunch of fibres here waiting for inspiration! Another example of how we should use up these products as soon as we get them - I loved them at the time!

Great page and good save on the E's. I use those 3's all the time too!

My not so simple life said...

Love the layouts, have to say I never got into the fibers craze! Loving the chevrons though ;)

Missus Wookie said...

I still use up my fibres - but on tags and cards more than pages. Fun to see your 'old' page too. I have a friend with dreads who goes swimming - wonder if she copes with wet hair or has some secret way of drying it fast?

Chidkid said...

Great LO's. I only have a few threads but i never know what to do with them.

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute layouts looks like it was a fun time under the water and the top layout is cool with the circle and all those fibers :)

Susanne said...

Ah yes, fibers in scrapbooking. Somewhere in the back of my ribbon drawer I have a stash to use up too. Great pages Jemma.

Anonymous said...

They are both great pages. Love your use of fibres in the first. I think mine were from the same range as the stripe In your second page

Claire said...

Fab layouts, love the dreads!
C xx

Stephanie said...

Great page Jemma, love those underwater photos! Your title is just perfect ;)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Those fibers are perfect! And I do like the font you used for the S and M in the other layout. I noticed your son's dreads in the Easter ZIZO. They look better than ever.
Rinda

Maria Ontiveros said...

Those fibers are perfect! And I do like the font you used for the S and M in the other layout. I noticed your son's dreads in the Easter ZIZO. They look better than ever.
Rinda