Saturday 24 October 2015

October's Moving Along

Welcome to the final post of the October CKCB Members' Blog Hop; if you didn't reach me from  Julene then you might want to start at the beginning with Lisa (the full hop list is here but there's only Tina in-between)

This month we had a choice of three challenges to use for the hop (#1 Your Next Move , #2 3D Challenge, #3 Just One Thing Challenge).

I had a go with #3 but found it surprisingly difficult to only add one thing other than paper and photos to a page - extras kept creeping on.  So today, I'm sharing a page for #1 about a move I've actually made, but which moved on again this very month!  Using my October Counterfeit Kit to scrap a page for my Book Of Me, I've documented my lovely new job, in which I've just completed my probabtionary period and had my contract confirmed!


It suits me very well and I really look forward to Monday mornings now.  In fact I recently visited Genoa as part of my duties - what a hard life :-)

Thanks for hopping around with the CKCB Members this month - it was quite short and sweet this month, so why not join in yourself in November - EVERYone is welcome!

12 comments:

Susanne said...

Well done on the challenge, the shaped papers add a nice touch.

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely layout and congratulations on the new job and contract! It's so nice when you like going to work. Yes - it does sound like a hard life!

Janine Rachau said...

Fabulous page! and, congrats on your job! Love your chevron arrows and brads!The colors look so pretty together on the grey!

Susan said...

Such a pretty page and I really like the color combination. That piece of paper lace is lovely and I like the chevron strips too.

Tina Campbell said...

Congrats Jemma! That is great news to be confirmed :) I love the layout you did and good way to show how we contemplate a layout I thought #3 might be a tough one to do..

Julene Matthews said...

Congratulations on your new job Jemma.Your layout looks fabulous,love those colours.Cute brads/flairs.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love the color story here

Lisa said...

I love the lace border and the use of arrows to show us what't important. A new job and a new direction - how lucky to have found it and how lovely to look forward to Monday mornings again. As for the foreign business travel - lucky you. Lovely layout and the colours are perfect for the photo.

Sandie said...

Great page Jemma. Congratulations on your new job and again for the contract. It sounds exciting, especially with trips abroad involved.

Sassy Breese said...

Isn't it a blessing to have employment that fulfills you? I too have part-time work that pays ok. As I had volunteered for four years before this position, I can say, I love the work so much, I would do it for free!
It mau just be my monitor but I like how the grey and yellow paper relate to the bricks in the photo. Also the grey chevron arrows, tie into the bricks. This layout is full of hope for a better, brighter future. Good luck to you.

Sian said...

I came to admire a scrapbook page..but congratulations! It's wonderful to hear of someone finding a job that's just right.

Missus Wookie said...

Congratulations on the job and finding one that suits you so well :) I like the colours you've used here.