Wednesday 24 February 2016

A Fairytale Ending

Layout details - layered, distressed grid - JimjamsWelcome to the final post of the February CKCB Members' Blog Hop; if you didn't reach me from Cindy then you might want to start at the beginning with Lisa (the full hop list is here but it's a short one this month).  We had a choice of three challenges to use for the hop (#1 Sappy Movie Inspiration , #2 Life is Just A Fairytale, #3 Say What?) or indeed, anything made from this month's kit.

Using my February Counterfeit Kit, I chose #3, taking some extra inspiration from Whimsical Musings #53 (Grids) plus the lovely February sketch from Sue's blog and I created a page to record the day Child No.3 encountered a real Fairy Godmother!

Layout - Cinderelly - Jimjams

She'd agreed to promote our theatre's pantomime, posing in a "glass" carriage, chatting to children during a local town's festival of transport.  Unfortunately, mid-April was particularly cold last year and a sleeveless dress wasn't much protection against the chilly wind.  A passer-by saw her goosebumps, popped into one of the local charity shops and returned with a very pretty, and more importantly, warm, evening shawl for Child No.3's bare arms.  Truly kind!

Thanks for hopping around with the CKCB Members this month - it was very short but definitely sweet this month, so why not join in yourself in March - EVERYone is welcome!

P.S. While I'm challenge combining this might as well be my example for Scrap Like You Mean It which I have rebooted over on UKScrappers ... 48 weekly prompts from Shimelle's wonderful 2009 challenge ... starting with #1 Scrap in your favourite colour ... teal every time for me (definitely NOT pink!)

13 comments:

happysnapper said...

Such a sweet story and 8 love the bold black with the pastel colours

Susan said...

What a nice story to record! That carriage is pretty impressive too. I like the dark borders around your grid design - it gives a very pretty stained glass effect.

Karen said...

How sweet and kind of the passerby! Great story to document! Loved the color scheme and the cool grid design!

cinmfoster said...

I have to agree that carriage is awesome and a great story. The black grid accent makes the colors really pop.
Cindy

Kelly Sroka said...

This is such a great layout! I love this grid design!

Chidkid said...

That's lovely Jemma.. what a kind stranger. Great LO and story

MiniOwner said...

Jemma I just love what you have done with my sketch - a perfect page to preserve a perfect moment.
Sue @ Me&Mine x

Alison said...

Love the story AND the layout! Xx

Julene Matthews said...

Great glass carriage and a sweet story too. I love your black edging.

Susanne said...

What a wonderful moment recorded - love your grid design here. Fab layout in all respects.

Missus Wookie said...

What a neat story - I like the contrast of the circle of the coach and the grid blocks.

Gillybean said...

Turned out lovely Jemma

Virginia said...

Gorgeous