Tuesday 1 March 2016

Clickety Kit

Felt leaves - kit detail - Jimjams It's that time of the month again ... kit reveal ... with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. Which of course means a hop around the Master Forgers.  Did you see that we welcomed back a former Master Forger as our Guest Designer?  The hop started with Lesley and I'm fourth in line after  Clair.

This month the kit-to-copy, from Ali Edwards' 'Click' Story, was devoid of patterned paper causing quite a few headaches amongst the team!

Ali Edwards' Click Story - Kit-to-copy

As I am NOT a pocket scrapbooker I decided to make a traditional kit, but resolved to only use papers from my scraps bag or 6x6 pads and include as many journalling cards as I could match to the orange/green/black/white theme of the original:

Markch Counterfeit Kit - Jimjams

So barely any resemblance to the original, but I need something I can scrap with LOL
I'm also going to try and use EYELETS this month following a discussion with the Whimsical Musings crew.

Next on the hop is the lovely Julene who may be sharing a more accurate forgery, but then again, perhaps not?!?!?  If you get lost along the hop - the full list is on the CKCB here.  Have fun!

16 comments:

Chidkid said...

Hmm...that's got me thinking! Off for a rummage!

Julene Matthews said...

Interesting kit Jemma. I forgot all about P/L cards this month and yes I have eyelets too that I must use.

Lesley G said...

Looks pretty accurate to me Jemma :)
Look forward to getting sneak previews on Saturday ;)

Margie said...

I love your whole kit, but especially those leaves! Great choices!

Tara O said...

Love your kit! Like you, I'm not a PL scrapper. However, I DO own a ton of the cards as I tend to use them as embellishments or journaling cards. Ironically, I had planned to try to add a few to this month's kit regardless of what was in the kit to be used as our jumping off point-LOL! Glad CKC read my mind.

Sassy Breese said...

You have put together a kit that is true to you. And I am looking forward to see what you do with the resurrected eyelets.

Lisa said...

ok, now I REALLY have to have eyelets as the next challenge! I will have to rely on all of you though as I honestly don't have any, nor do I intend to! I might have to get creative - light bulb moment. Challenge accepted.

A perfect Jemma kit and great that you raided your scraps - I need to do that as my container is overflowing and I hardly ever take anything out of it! great colour scheme and I can really see you using it. Nice!

Susanne said...

What a fabulous angle you took to only use scraps. We could all learn some lessons there. I think you've gathered a fun mix and I'm glad you think you can scrap with it too!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Good for you on making it yours! That's what's wonderful about the CKC approach - you already love the elements. And I accept the eyelet challenge! I have a forgery idea, though... to be continued ;-)

Kelly Sroka said...

Great use of the journaling cards. Fun kit!!

sassyscrapper said...

While it may not look like the original, I'd find it to be a much more usable kit. Good for you for making it something you will love and use!

Clair said...

It's a fabulous kit - full of fun and colour - and so true to the spirit of counterfeiting!

Susan said...

The florals you selected are lovely and I like that key paper too. I put that same clock paper in my kit - we must have been thinking the same way. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the eyelets too.

Tina Campbell said...

Oh No! I best get the eyelets out :) Now where did I put those :)Noted
" resolved to only use papers from my scraps bag or 6x6 pads and include as many journalling cards as I could match to the orange/green/black/white theme of the original:" Good way to take on the kit :) Wish I thought to do that :) mmmm next month maybe :) I love the kit you pulled out you got a little bit of everything in it :) Excited to see what your create with it :)

Missus Wookie said...

Nice colours and I was musing about eyelets yesterday. I'm having to drastically streamline my stash and wondered about them. So far they've been spared...

Tara O said...

This is an amazing kit. I love the fun patterned papers you chose and the different little embellies that you added. Great kit!