Saturday 12 March 2016

Hot Stuff

Layout detail - stitching and cork letters - JimjamsIt's been a while since I hand-stitched on a layout ... possibly because I got a bit fed up with making this page!  I'm not quite sure what possessed me to think that it was a good idea to stitch 6 giant circles onto black cardstock?!  I started towards the end of a lovely scrapbooking retreat organised by my dear friend Lesley this time last year as I had packed most of my scrappy stash away, ready to leave.
Layout - Hot Stuff - Jimjams

The photo was taken inside Edinburgh's Camera Obscura which is full of all sorts of interesting illusions and optical wonders, including this thermal imaging screen.

I'm away this weekend on another of Lesley's retreats ... so maybe I'll get my needle and threads out for some smaller shapes!

5 comments:

alexa said...

Woah, it was worth doing and waiting for! The colours look brilliant against the dark background. Hoping you are enjoying the retreat and come home equally inspired..

Susan said...

Great results from all your hard work! Such a fun and lively layout to showcase that photo.

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

oh that is mighty fine! I haven't got the patience to hand stitch ;) jx

Sian said...

The rainbow of colours on the black card is one of the most effective examples of handstitching on paper I've seen in a long time

Alison said...

Well worth doing...though I wouldn't have the patience! Xx