Friday 24 June 2016

If at first ...

Welcome to the not-quite-final post of the June CKCB Members' Blog Hop; if you didn't reach me from Roxanne then you might want to start at the beginning with Lisa (the full hop list is here).  We had a choice of three challenges to use for the hop (#1 Inspiration Board, #2 In Quotes, #3 Everything Old Is New Again) or indeed, anything made from this month's kit.

Using my June Counterfeit Kit, I gave a nod to challenge #2 with a humourous take on an old saying:

Layout - If at first - Jimjams

Having tried (and tried) to get a good shot of Hubby, No.2 Son and Child No.3 before their patience ran out during a birthday meal, I was disappointed to find that not one of the photos was even half-decent of all three of them!  Each one had at least one person moving, blinking talking or drinking!  So I used them all!
I certainly didn't have enough white alphas in my kit for the title, so I broke out some ancient Making Memories rub-ons to help me out.

I'm not quite the end of the hop this month - please welcome a newcomer to the CKCB: Princy

14 comments:

Princy Bansal said...

Fantastic layout & the quote ;)
x

Unknown said...

Such a fun layout! Actually I scrapped all my imperfect photos too and that adds to my story lol I just love the design of the layout am the quote is cool! Love the banner and rub on alphas!

Natalie Dill said...

Haha! I know that bummer photo feeling all too well. With a 3.5 yr old and a 7 month old - we basically never get the perfect photo, but I just go with what I've got too! :)

Tina Campbell said...

Fantastic layout :) So playful and a fun quote too :) The banners are a nice touch to lead your eye throughout the layout :) fun pictures

Sian said...

Not only do I heartily endorse the sentiment, I also love the way this title is strung up across the page.

Roxy said...

Haha, yes! I think many a scrapbooker can relate! Certainly I can!!! Love your page!

My not so simple life said...

Great layout, love how the ribbon leads to the photos

LCSmithSAVED said...

Wild applause here! So much to love (as you've described above) but my fave is the "SNAP" journaling card, lol! Might be my total fave layout of yours ever...

Chidkid said...

A very,very successful page considering the stresses of taking the actual photos.

Susan said...

Love the way the banner leads the eye through the quote - perfect! And I completely sympathize with you on the photo taking - it's always so hard to get a decent shot.

Anonymous said...

There's always one, isn't there! Great solution to scrap them all.

Kelly Sroka said...

I love your interpretation of that quotation--such a cute layout!

Susanne said...

Fun page, and loving the sentiment.

Lisa said...

Mmm, thought I had commented here but maybe not! I wanted to comment that it's a nightmare to get more than one person looking at the right camera at the right time, isn't it! Really like this layout with the super long title going down through the pictures - I need to try this sometime...