Friday 1 July 2016

D'you like a July Kit?

It's that time of the month again ... kit reveal ... with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. Which of course means a hop around the Master Forgers.  We started with Gretchen, our Guest Designer, and you will have seen everyone else including Susanne as I'm the last in line.

This month the kit-to-copy, from S&CT is 2015's Crop & Create Delivered - Heat Wave.


A lovely summery set of papers, none of which I has ... so I looked out some dots and chevrons, some clouds and text, in reds, blacks, teal and especially bright sunshiny yellow!


Supplies:
Crate Paper's Little Bo Peep Matilda (green floral reverse)
MME Jack & Jill "Life Is Good" Serene Spots (green  floral)
½ sheet Boutique Newspaper (yellow) from Simple Stories DIY Boutique
Hambly Screen Prints teal Mod Circles
Roundabout from Bella Blvd's Pack Your Bags
2 6x6 sheets from MME Cut & Paste Charm pad
Boutique Polka (red) from SS DIY Boutique
Various washis from my stash
Grey and yellow Thickers
K&Co Rub-ons
Home-made bees (details on the 4th)
Yellow buttons (to replace the enamel dots)
Various 2x3 cards from my stash
7 Dots Studio Illumination Elements

Not a close match, but one I can work with!  Plus I dug out some really ancient stash to use up - RESULT!
That's the end of the Master Forger Hop for July - if you're joining in this month, please link up and share.

11 comments:

Lesley G said...

Do I detect a little pink there that you are calling red?
I love the size of your kit and those cute little bees flying around in the picture :)
I can certainly see the resemblance to the original!

sassyscrapper said...

Oh I think I see lots of similarities there. Your little bee is darling surrounded by the buttons. A very manageable kit that should serve you well this month. Scrap ON!

Margie said...

Looks pretty close to me! And I love it when we dig up ancient stash.to use ! Awesome kit!

Susanne said...

I am so impressed how you've captured the essentials of the kit in a very manageable size. Well done you!

LCSmithSAVED said...

I think this is quite true to the essence of the original. And I agree with Lesley - that "red" is quite the pinkish hue! ;)

Susan said...

I think you put together a very close match to the original - I can definitely see the connection between the two. That little bee is very cute ( will definitely check back on the 4th) and I am really interested in seeing how you use the buttons. I have a big jar of them and could use some inspiration.

Kelly Sroka said...

I think it looks pretty close too. Great kit!

Roxy said...

I think you matched everything really well, it looks great! I'm super keen to put together a kit this month, I love all the colours of this kit!

Sassy Breese said...

Nice kit. My favorite bits are the yellows and greys.

Tina Campbell said...

I think it's an awesome kit! Oh those bees so cute too :) fun kit to play with :)

Tara O said...

I love that you stayed true to the colors in the original kit. Great kit for you this month!