Sunday 1 January 2017

Zip-A-Dee-Doodle

Goodbye 2016 - and welcome 2017.  Have you broken any New Year's Resolutions already?  I've resolved not to make any ;-)

As it's the first of the month, I've grabbed some stash and I'm ready to join in with the Master Forger reveal over at the  Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog.

This month's kits-to-copy, was chosen by Julene from the Shop’n’Crop based on a brand new Kaisercraft collection Ubud Dreams.  Our guest designer Cindy is starting us off, and I'm after Susan.

Scrap 'n' Go January 2017 Kit
Scrap 'n' Go January 2017 Kit

Lots of mint and navy and black and white with some hessian and wood veneer and maybe a little kraft?  Funnily enough I have a similarly coloured collection from Bo Bunny (Zip-A-Dee-Doodle) and based my kit around that:

Jimjams - CKCB Jan 2017 Kit

Jimjams - Jan 2014 Counterfeit Kit details The reverse sides of the sheets are all black and white doodly patterns which should be useful.

I included some kraft-core cardstock and a sheet of Crate Paper's Wonder My Dear with a selection of veners and some woven trims as well as a few ribbons ... I have more ribbon than I'll ever use in a lifetime ... better make a small dent in it!

Now it's time to hop over to see what Kelly has for you.  If you want to visit all the Master Forgers or you want to know more about kit counterfeiting pop over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog today.

Happy New Year !!!

13 comments:

Clair said...

No resolutions, but lots of hopes and wishes for 2017. My eye keeps being drawn to the navy print in the lower left - it's a beauty. Nice kit to start off the year - here's to another twelve months of counterfeiting.x

Lesley G said...

The perfect kit for you Jemma - good to see ribbon, one of the things I also have a lifetime's supply of - and those little wooden snowflakes are adorable. I nearly broke my one and only resolution by nearly putting off my blog commenting but here I am :) Happy new year, look forward to seeing you on Saturday :)

Margie said...

Beautiful doodle-y papers, and a great kit to start your new year off with!I love the wood veneer, as well!

Julene Matthews said...

Gorgeous kit Jemma (and no pink).I especially like the numbered paper and the teal floral swirly one.

LCSmithSAVED said...

LOVE it! Could be my fave January forgery :D
Greatly similar patterns & spot-on colors plus a collection?
Easy-peasy is a definite bonus!
Happy New Year! And congrats on achieving your 2017 resolution already, hehe
xoxoxo

Tara O said...

I never make resolutions. I have always thought it pointless to make a promise that I cannot keep and most resolutions that I've ever considered making fall under that category. So I just don't.

I love that you stayed true to the colors of this kit. You included some fun papers and I love the burlap trim. The wood veneers are wonderful as well. Have a great month scrapping. I hope to scrap. Someday....again. Soon. ;)

Kelly Sroka said...

I love all of the doodles and swirls in this kit--so pretty!

Susanne said...

How you've managed to make this kit both warm and whimsical at the same time, I'm not sure. But I loved it immediately.

Missus Wookie said...

Lovely colours and textures - you'll have fun creating with all those bits and pieces!

Tina Campbell said...

No resolutions here just goals to conquer! Love the kit and the sticker sheet I have that same one and thought it would be perfect for this kit too :) Need to get access to it 1st :)

sassyscrapper said...

A spot on forgery! Great colors and inclusion of the burlap. I'm with you on the resolutions. I feel like I'm working and moving forward everyday...doing the very best I can!

Susan said...

A gorgeous take on the inspiration kit! And the black and white "B" sides will give you a lot of versatility in using this great kit. I especially love the paisley patterns - they capture the essence of the original kit.

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful kit, love the paisley paper. I also have plenty of ribbon,
Cindy F.